Are you planning to get hair extensions?
We can bet that the words ‘clip-in extensions’ and ‘tape extensions’ popped up during your research.
Now the battle between clip-ins vs. tape extensions will probably never end. But you should know that there are other types of extensions out there too.
One of their top contenders is the micro beads as it is winning over the popularity contest.
So which ones better?
We can’t say for a fact which one of these is the best type of human hair extension for you. But we can make the decision making process a little easier.
So without further ado, let’s enlighten you with all the facts you need to know about these luxury hair extensions:
1. Clip-In Hair Extensions
For starters, clip-in hair extensions are weft hair strands that have been attached to wig clips. You can use any form of hair from Remy to synthetic to create these extensions.
Not only are they versatile but they’re pretty easy to adjust/remove when you need some change.
- The installation process is simple and easy
- They are easily available and super affordable
- Best used for parties and special occasions
- For temporary use only
- Easily slip off when not fixed properly
- Get tangled up in your hair
On the whole, clip-ins is your best bet if you want an instant inexpensive DIY hair makeover.
2. Tape-In Hair Extensions
As the name suggests, this type of extension are made from high-quality adhesives for extra stickiness. They’re usually cut off into thin strips (single/double sided) for easier use.
The best part about tape-ins is the fact that it’s always made from virgin hair.This ensures you get a natural look.
- The installations last for at least a month
- With proper maintenance, the extensions can be reused for a year
- Its steadier than clip in extensions
- The invisible tape keeps extensions hidden
- Need professional supervision for installations
- Pricier than most extensions
All in all, the tape-in extension is a worthwhile investment for ladies that are aiming for long voluminous locks of hair. They just cost alittle extra!
3. Micro Bead Hair Extensions
Basically, these are small wefts of hair that are attached to a mini copper. The wefts are installed in different sections of your scalp by using pliers. The rings ensure that they stay secured for at least three months.
- The installations last for months
- Minimum hair damage
- Adjustable and easy to blend with natural hair.
- Require regular maintenance
- Easily visible if you’ve got thin hair
In short, this is a cute way to get thicker hair without clunky installations.
In the end, it all comes down to your preference. Our advice is to weigh in all the options before you make the purchase. As the best type of human hair extension is the kind that suits your lifestyle. They could be the breezy clip-ins, steady tape-ins or trendy beads.
So what do you think? Which side of the debate are you on?